Seiler on Science

Thoughts on the history of science, with a special focus on the relationship between religion and science through history, all coming from an Objectivist perspective. ("Seiler" is pronounced "Sy-ler")

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Beginnings of Western Science, a book by David Lindberg

The summer 2010 issue of The Objective Standard contains a book review written by me. The book is The Beginnings of Western Science: The European Scientific Tradition in Philosophical, Religious, and Institutional Context, Prehistory to A.D. 1450, by David Lindberg:
http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/issues/2010-summer/western-science-david-lindberg.asp

I first read this book when I was studying the history of science at Indiana University about ten years ago, and I was happy to have the opportunity to finally write a review of it for publication.

This issue also contains Daniel Wahl's review of the book Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism by Susan Jacoby. I have read Jacoby's book, and I completely agree with Mr. Wahl's mostly negative review.

The issue also includes a brief interview with philosopher of science David Harriman, and many other articles worth reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allen jeley said...

I am FSC student and my since math subject very difficult for me because i can't under stand and now i read this book some pages and his info great helped him thanks for share it statement of purpose for phd .

April 10, 2016 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home